About The Forum
An annual discussion and networking event to reflect on major policy developments, business trends and innovation breakthroughs that are shaping the direction and future of agriculture.
This year’s Forum focuses on the idea of centring Lithuania as a go-to country for innovative AgriFood Tech solutions.
Breakthrough innovations based on Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things and Robotics have the potential to completely redefine agriculture how we know it. From productivity and efficiency increases to waste reduction and healthier foods – the agriculture of the future is destined to be more sustainable, efficient and competitive. Yet all of the soon-to-be breakthroughs need be developed, use cases explored, solutions tested and products commercialized. AgriFood Tech needs sandboxes, and Lithuania could be one of them. What’s needed to make it happen?
While exploring this theme the Forum will encompass topics of innovation development, international cooperation, new policy initiatives, business trends, networking and much more.
Town hall of Vilnius
Didzioji st. 31, Vilnius, Lithuania
October 17, 2019
Exploring how European cooperation can shape AgriFood innovation development.
- How can large EU-level innovation projects, networks, platforms and private entrepreneurs benefit and invigorate the Lithuanian agricultural sector?
- What are the experiences and best practices of bringing high-tech solutions to the farm?
- How can innovations based on Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things and Robotics create real and tangible value for farmers?
Aligning Lithuania with the European AgriFood innovation agenda.
- How can Lithuania contribute to European efforts in AgriFood innovation development and implementation?
- What kind of infrastructure, competence and excellence it has to offer for potential partners?
- What does it take for Lithuania to become the go-to destination for European AgriFood innovations?
- High-level representatives from key national and international institutions;
- Presentations from major European innovation project and platform leaders;
- Final pitch session of ‘Hack AgriFood’ – the first agriculture and food-focused hackathon in Lithuania;
- Award ceremony of the most innovative farms and farmers in Lithuania;
- Networking sessions with AgriFood innovation stakeholders.
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, INTERNET OF THINGS, ROBOTICS
Are these just buzzwords, or can they deliver real added value?
President of Lithuanian business confederation
Business angel in FoodTech and AgTech
Dr. Doris Marquardt
European Commission, Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development
Dr. George Beers
Wageningen UR - LEI
Head of Business Development Department at BioSense Institute
Founder of FACagro
Director EITFood NE & Founder of Hyphenity
Member of the Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania, Deputy Chairman of the Committee on Rural Affairs, Minister of Agriculture of Lithuania (2008-2012)
Vice Minister of the Ministry of the Environment
Advisor to the Prime Minister, Minister of Agriculture of Lithuania (2018-2019)
Vice Minister at Ministry of the Economy and Innovation of the Republic of Lithuania
Adviser to the President of the Republic of Lithuania, Economic and Social Policy Group
Chancellor of the Agriculture Academy, VDU
President of the Association of Lithuanian Municipalities, Mayor of Jonava District
Deputy director at National Paying Agency LT
CEO at Agrokoncernas
CEO at DOJUS group
CEO at Scandagra Group
Director of Lithuanian Business Support Agency
Dr. Mantas Vilys
Director at Lithuanian Innovation Centre
Head of Project Management Division - Deputy CEO at INVEGA
Partner of Business Angel Fund I,II
Dr. Jürgen Vangeyte
Expert at ICT-AGRI
Dr. Ana Rita Campos
Researcher of IoT solutions for AgriFood
Chairman of The Chamber of Agriculture of the Republic of Lithuania
Vice-chairwoman of Latvia’s “Farmers’ Parliament”
Expert at Smart InoTech for industry
General Manager at AgriFood Lithuania DIH
Farm manager at Nordic Agra, Stungiai Agrar, SIA Valmieras Graudi
Moderator of panel discussions
EU » LT - European opportunities for Lithuania
Global - Topics shaping global trends
Networking during organic Lithuanian breakfast and registration
Exhibition of showcases
LT » EU Importance of Agritech in Lithuania and EU
Global Heroes of Agriculture
EU » LT Digital transformation of the agri-food sector in the EU - the role of policy instruments, actors and social networks.
EU » LT MEGA scale pilot projects of EU
LT » EU Lithuania - a perfect sandbox for European AgriFoodTech innovations
LT » EU Lithuanian policy makers say yes!
LT » EU Let's talk with the big guys!
Networking lunch and exhibition of showcases
Global Who is gonna to pay the bill? Models and experiences
Best of Hack AgriFood Lithuania'19
AgroSmart Farmer - innovation Guru
Global Let's wrap it up!
Vilnius Town Hall
Didzioji st. 31, Vilnius, Lithuania